The PUSH BIRTH LOUNGE was established in March 2022 and was designed to give women the power to be in control of their labour and delivery. Our birth lounge mimicks the ease of a homebirth where minimal medical intervention is practiced. Our comfortable and aesthetically pleasing birth rooms are guaranteed to make you feel right at home as you labour in serenity.
The birthing process is a very sacred and intimate journey for families and we are honored to provide respectful and individualized care. We promote a culture of support for our mothers and we want them to be surrounded by the ones who love them the most. Two support partners are allowed for the duration of labour and delivery.
Our deliveries are managed by experienced and dedicated midwives who are committed to a safe and stress-free birthing process. Our Obstetricians will supervise the process be present for delivery.
It is important that if you are interested in this birthing experience that you should consult with one of our Obstetricians by 34 weeks pregnant so we can determine if your pregnancy is low risk. We only deliver babies that are 37 weeks gestation or older and mother has no medical complications in pregnancy.
Benefits of Water Birth
Pros for a mother
- Increase mobility for mother to assume a comfortable position
- Speed up labor
- Provide significant pain relief and reduce the need for drugs and intervention
- Promote relaxation and control in a private, protected space
- Allow mother to conserve energy
- Reduce perineal trauma and eliminate episiotomies
- Reduce the likelihood of a cesarean section
- Provide a gentler welcome for baby
Pros for a mother
- Decreased use of epidural or spinal anesthesia
- Shorter time in the first stage of labor
- Lower reports of pain
- Fewer episiotomies
- Increased chance of “hands-off” delivery
- Increased feelings of control and peace
- Increased satisfaction with the birthing process
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
1. Who exactly does the delivery of my baby?
At a Birthing Centre midwives are the main care providers for both mummy and baby. At PUSH BIRTH LOUNGE an Obstetrician will be available during delivery.
2. What is the cost of delivery?
The cost of delivery is $16,500TTD (waterbirth or landbirth)
3. Is the fee flat $16,500 or would I have other fees to worry about?
The fee is a flat fee. This includes all the fees for midwives, doctor, medical supplies, minor surgical
procedure (episiotomy repair), room and board. (You will be required to visit your pediatrician within 24 to
48h after delivery)
4. How do I know if I qualify for this type of birth?
You will need to book an appointment by 34weeks to determine if you are low risk. You can call 640-6628 to schedule. Prenatal consult with ultrasound is $1100
5. Can I deliver at PUSH Birth Lounge if I had a previous C Section?
No you cannot. This type of delivery is for term pregnancies (37weeks and over) where the mother has no medical conditions or previous C Sections.
6. Do I get a doula with this package?
No doula included. It is advised that you book a PUSH Lamaze session for both you and your
support partner to be prepared for labour and delivery ($1200). If you do have a doula ,however, she is welcomed at labour & delivery
7. Does this birth require me to take any medications?
This is a natural birth. However, you will need medication (syntometrine/syntocinon injection) after
delivery to control bleeding.
8. Is this type of birth only done in water or do I have the freedom to delivery my baby
however I wish, and in whichever position that is comfortable?
You have the freedom to have the baby in water or out of water. Its your choice.
9. How is payment made?
Full Payment will need to be done by 37 weeks (online transfer preferred).
10. If birth becomes complicated, will I be transferred to the public hospital?
Yes, you will be transferred to the nearest public hospital (Mt. Hope Womens Hospital). However, if you prefer a private
hospital we can arrange that as well. This will be Sanjivani Womens Hospital. The decision to deliver private or public in case of emergency will need to be decided by 34 weeks. Note: By August 2023 our operating theatre will be able to facilite C-Sections therefore transfers may not be necessary.
11. If an episiotomy is not needed, will the medical team still cut me?
Episiotomy only if necessary. If done it will also be repaired on site
12. Do you wait till the cord stops pulsating before you cut?
Yes, this is usually done
13. Do I get to hold my baby as soon as he/she comes out, and do I get to breastfeed
Yes, you can feel free to start breast feeding once baby is delivered and skin to skin est5ablished immediately
14. Do I have to do the leading up prenatal check ups at PUSH Health Services?
It would be best to do so however if you already have a private OB you can do your 34wk visit with us to determine eligibility. If in the local health center we can also see you at 34 weeks.
15. How long do I have to stay after delivery?
You will need to be monitored at least 2-3 hours after delivery
16. Do you do a check-up of my baby before I leave, including
her weight, length, etc.?
Yes, we do
17. Would I be given a blood sample of my baby to test her blood type?
Yes this will be taken. You will be required however to see a pediatrician the following day
18. Would I be given documents to register my baby’s birth?
Yes you will be give a baby record card and a letter
19. Will I need a follow up visit after birth? If yes, what would be the fee?
Yes you would be required to come in for your 3 week check up if you had an episiotomy
repair. If no episiotomy or laceration you visit will be at 6 weeks. No postdelivery followup fee
20. Is there a registration fee for me to join PUSH Health Services?
No registration fee
21 Will I require a covid test?
Yes! It will be best that your assigned birthing partners also
take a covid test.
22. Do you do lotus birth?
No we do not.
I hope these answers were clear. Any further questions will be addressed at your